vendredi 1 juin 2012

bonne nouvelle de NEW YORK


Dear Georgette Dupuoy Academy,

About two weeks ago, I sent you a letter asking for permission to  reproduce the beautiful painting Choral de Bach by Georgette Dupuoy for inclusion in the liner notes of my acoustic guitar recording -- three cds -- the Six Suites for Cello Solo by J. Sebastian Bach. 

The liner notes have grown in scope so that by now they are book-length, and will be issued as a part of the digital product - a fourth CD -, rather than a printed booklet. The album will be released later this year.  

All the reproductions -- paintings, sculptures, stained glass, and even an ice sculpture -- are pieces inspired by the music of J. S. Bach. Originally I contacted 45 contemporary artists who had created art inspired by Bach. By now most of these generous and talented artists have graciously granted permission, and even supplied me with high-resolution images. 

But I have not heard back from you. So, I am writing once more because I would so like to be able to include your work. And on the chance that my original letter/request got somehow lost in the shuffle, I want to provide another opportunity for you to have your work included.

As I originally wrote, I am unable to offer you cash compensation. In exchange for your permission, I propose to print a full credit, your name and a link to your web-site (or whatever link you prefer) where your work appears. This will increase traffic to your website, and hopefully bring some well-deserved attention to your work. 

And, of course, when the project is released, I will be delighted to send you copies of it. 

If you agree, I will need your permission. Then I would ask for a high-resolution digital image. If that is impossible, I will use the image I found on the internet.

Thanks again for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Steven Hancoff
www.stevehancoff.com




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire